Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Whatever Wednesday

Welcome to another installment of Whatever Wednesday! (Actually on Wednesday this week!)
Image Credit: Ramblings on Readings
Like I've already discussed with you guys, I am the literal worst when it comes to working out. I'm the laziest person I know; while I know that I would feel better if  could just get off my butt, if I'm not at work of school I just want to relax.

Aside from walking on my treadmill once and doing squats (well, when I don't sleep through my alarm), the only exercise I have done is yoga. I don't know if it actually works for weight loss (let me know in the comments below!), but it feels good and I feel like I'm accomplishing something so it's a start.

My friend showed me this free app for you phone called Down Dog. It's available for iPhone and Android, and it's actually pretty good (as someone who knows nothing about yoga).

Of course, as every app does, the app offers in-app purchases, but for basic yoga it's free.

The app even links to a pose breakdown playlist on YouTube to help beginners figure out what they're doing and make sure they're doing it correctly.

There's three modes to choose from: full practice, restorative, and quick flow. Restorative is mostly stretches, so it's really good on days when you're sore or tired. Quick flow is more of the work out side; this one makes you sweat. Full practice combines these two  modes.

You choose how long your session is, and the app allows you to pause at any point. The music is really relaxing and calming, and the instructor's voice is the typical, slow talking, gentle yoga woman voice.

All in all, I really recommend this app for people who are new to yoga or don't want the embarrassment of trying yoga in front of a whole class. Let me know if you guys have tried this app, or have any other recommendations for work out apps!

No comments:

Post a Comment